Although considered a day of bad luck has anybody really tried to figure out the origin of this very superstitious belief? After doing some really interesting research found that this specific belief is as old as Adam and Eve themselves. So let us begin to unravel the mystery behind this very unlucky day.
- It is believed that Eve took to the forbidden tree on this day.
- There were 13 people present including Jesus at the last supper.
- On Friday 13th October 1307, Phillipp IV of France arrested hundreds of Knights Templar.
- The number 13 itself is considered very unlucky
- US President Roosevelt considered it very unlucky to dine with 13 people, and refused to travel on Friday the 13th.
- The Buckingham Palace was hit by five German bombs on Friday 13th September 1940, destroying the royal chapel.
- Rapper Tupac Shakur died on Friday 13th September 1996.
- And more recently a 13 year old boy from Suffolk was struck by lightning on Friday 13th at 13;13
The fear of Friday 13th has become such a reality that it now has a name; it is known as paraskevidekatriaphobia. Even though there is more than enough proof that really unlucky things happen on this day, I am not completely convinced that it really is that unlucky. So in the event that a very superstitious person might be reading this; here are a few tips I hope you followed to survived last Friday.
- Do not eat any forbidden fruit.
- If you have planned dinner parties invite only 11 people.
- Make sure that you do not get arrested!
- Do not walk in a thunder storm at 13:13 on Friday 13th.
- And relax! Whether it’s the 11th, 12th or 13th IT’S FRIDAY!
13 May 2016
[IMAGE SOURCE: Dogonews]
If you would like to read more from PASCAP, please visit our blog page.
♥ DONATE ♥